Advice from Neighbors – Newtown Association will put you in touch with a resident or two who will be happy to talk with you and answer your questions about living in Newtown. Contact us at NewtownAssociation@gmail.com
Realtors knowledgeable about historic properties in Salisbury include
- Loudell Insley, Long & Foster (loudell.com)
- Alice Fisher, Long & Foster (aliceontheshore.com)
- Bill Martin, ERA Martin Associates, Salisbury
- Ginny Early, Coldwell Banker (https://www.coldwellbanker.com/agents/Virginia-Early-21801)
- Coastal Association of Realtors, Delmarva’s Official Multiple Listing Service http://www.coastalmdhomes.com/
Financing Rehabilitation – FHA’s Section 203(K) mortgage insurance program enables homebuyers and homeowners to finance the purchase of a house and the cost of its rehabilitation through a single mortgage. See http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/sfh/203k/203k–df
Salisbury Neighborhood Housing Services – SNHS can help with purchasing a home, rehabilitation and renovation, preventing foreclosure, etc. For more information, visit the website http://www.salisburynhs.org
Contractors familiar with historic properties – Newtown Association maintains a list of contractors neighbors can recommend based on personal experience. Contact us for more information.
Realtor.com names Salisbury 1 of 10 smaller cities poised to skyrocket.